Tanzania Private Sector Foundation (TPSF) is an apex and focal private sector members-based organization, which seeks to promote effective engagement with government and other stakeholders in developing policy and conducive environment for doing business and developing the country. TPSF therefore commands significant influence and credibility both locally and internationally. It boasts a unique position as the government’s partner, which makes her a key player in policy formulation, public private partnership (PPP implementation), coordination of high-level public-private dialogue (PPD’s) platforms and National Budget. TPSF has thus stood tall and bold on many advocacy issues of national and sectoral importance.
The Senior Policy, planning and Research Analyst is responsible for organizing and coordinating the Policy Department’s programs, activities and events. He/she will provide strategic guidance to the Policy Team in ways that promotes TPSF’s vision, mission and culture. He/she will also oversee the progress of TPSF operations as they relate to Policy Objectives. goal is to ensure that all Policy initiatives deliver the desirable outcomes to the Foundation, its members and the Private Sector in general.
- Responsible for developing and coordinating the implementation of TPSF policy analysis and research in the area of business regulatory environment and compliance in line with TPSF members’ information needs and Departmental strategic plans.
- Lead and manage policy analyst and policy desks at TPSF in collecting quantitative and qualitative data,
- Lead a cross functional teams on different projects to deliver fact sheets on business environment,
- Develop and strengthen TPSF Research and Planning unit on market intelligence, business intelligence in line with TPSF policy.
- Monitor and analyze the implementation of national and regional laws and legislation as related to growth in trade and investments as well as the general business environment and reports that convey in concise terms the impact both positive and negative of policy and legislative proposals.
- Lead in the formulation of policy briefs and preparation of position papers, either directly (where initial studies are not required) or working with selected consultants where applicable.
- Responsible for research, production quarterly updating of a compendium on the state of Tanzania Business Environment.
- Responsible for developing, updating and maintaining a TPSF database on business environment-related policy research.
- Undertaking regular members’ information needs and gap analysis on key business environment and competitiveness policy issues affecting them to enable the development of policy response and solutions.
- Lobby on behalf of Tanzania Private Sector Foundation and its members to government and other stakeholders.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with local and international research and information organizations and bodies.
- Initiate and conduct Private –to Private meetings on issues related to Trade Facilitation to set and influence agendas.
- To undertake any other tasks as required and commensurate with the level of this post.
A suitable candidate should hold the following qualifications and key competencies
- Academic and Professional Experience: A bachelor’s degree from a recognized University in Economics, Legal, International Trade, Business Administration and or policy or any other relevant field is required.
- Work Experience: A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in policy dialogue, research, or policy analysis. Experience in policy dialogue for Business Membership Organizations; and knowledge of the private sector and regional integration would be an added advantage.
- Policy Dialogue: Requisite skills to organize Public-Private Dialogue
- Communication and Networking: Ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively in a compelling manner.
- Teamwork: Working closely with line Senior Officers to achieve project and organizational goals and the ability to work in a multinational environment with diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Additional Skills: Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Email, analytical tools/software for data analysis, experience in working with internet searches, online databases, and data retrieval) are required
- Experience working with/for the private sector, policy think tanks, or international organizations.
- Experience in managing consultancy contracts (including the development of proposals and Terms of references).
- Good understanding of economic development factors in relation to private sector development.
Interested candidates should submit a Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com . deadline for application is 8th July 2023.